Thursday, May 24, 2007

Talk about thieves!



I have always wanted to send my kids to the British School of Kuwait's (BSK) Summer Program. I assumed it would last the entire summer and be at least affordable. I just got off the phone with the operator at BSK and was stunned to learn that the program only lasts for 21 days and it costs 130KD per child!! So, it would cost me 260KD for my two oldest to attend for only 21 days!! I might consider paying the fee if the camp lasted the whole summer. This is really ridiculous!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I use to help co-run that summer camp. No summer camp runs the whole summer, well most summer camps dont.

First thing is, that actual school teachers stay to be apart of the summer camp, and like any teacher they too want a summer break, however the camp runs for approx 3.5 weeks and the fees arent just pocketed expenses need to be paid, teachers trips etc..

theres so much involved to make the best summer camp. Hope that makes it clearer, sorry for any inconvenience.

Sumi-Kuwait said...

Thanks for your comment Adam!

I just think they should at least 'try' to lower the fees so that more expatriate families can participate.

Anonymous said...

shoot out an email with that suggestion. i dont set the prices but i know these take into consideration...

school ground rental fees (because bsk admin isnt really inscharge of summer camp, its a seperate group, seperate budget etc)

bus drivers salary, gas

equipment and sport

salaries for maids, life guard and helpers

salaries for teachers

salaries for front of house etc

and u have to put in mind, many ppl are behind it like the computer admins that ensure all computers are working etc..

summer camp apparell should come in mind, as well as paper, and paint and other stuff around the school.

sports handicapping services said...

funny image

Madeleine said...

Well, I do not really believe this will have success.