Monday, August 6, 2007

Smoke....but no fire.


I am starting to think that strange things happen only to me! This morning I was busy typing away on an article that is due tomorrow. And, despite having a horrible cold, I was able to smell smoke at about 10am. I got up from my computer and began frantically checking to see where it was coming from. The concentration was heaviest near the lift (elevator). Something was burning or on fire.
I quickly called my husband and he in turn called the watchman, who was oblivious to the problem. I woke all my kids up and was prepared to go out into the street. Luckily, my husband called back. The watchman discovered that the lift was stuck on the top floor and the motor was smoldering. We are so lucky it did not burst into flames!
So, that was my excitement for the day. I am starting to think I attract SMOKE !!

2 comments:

Organic Kuwait said...

what a nice blog!

Leandro said...

DAISO FOR SHOPPING
LOCATIONS AS FOLLOWS:
1) SALMIYA
Al Souk Salmiya. City Centre ground floor. Phone 965 25712250 / 208.
2) FARWANIYA
Maghateer Centre a 5 stories building. With name written only in arabic, just ask for
Maghateer Centre. Daiso is inside on the third floor. In front of the Farwaniya Co Operative.
Phone 965 24745107. near Farwaniya police dpt
3) FARWANIYA.
A second store just a few steps from the other. Located underground of Al Samaam Centre
behind the Farwaniya Co Operative. Phone 965 24745371. near Farwaniya police dpt
4) JAHRA.
In Jarha city. Al Mikhal Mall. Phone 24577309.