Tuesday, July 31, 2007

BOOM!

BOOM.............My microwave actually blew up the other day! I was being lazy and did not want to put the tea kettle on the stove. So, I filled a micro-safe mug with water..something I always do...and put it in my microwave. After a few seconds I heard a buzzing sound and then it just blew up. It actually jumped..and hit the top shelf above it. Luckily. the shelf was there or it might of catapulted across the room! Lol. It's funny now, but at the time I was really scared. I thought it would burst into flames.

It was about 9 years old so no wonder it blew up. It served me well. I went to Al-Ghanim Electronics and all the micros were +45KD. They had a couple for about 35 KD but they were small and ugly. Ugh!

A friend of mine is constantly telling me that Al-Ghanim is overpriced. She always recommends City Centre fr buying electronics. So, I took a chance and went. My friend was right. I got a big 25litre, silver microwave for 29 KD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is awesome!

And hopefully I will have this one for another 9 years! Insha'Allah!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL be careful! microwaves are forbidden in our house :P

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

LOL oh my goodness, I've never seen anything like that! I'm glad nobody was hurt, that the thing didn't actually burst into flame - that's kind of scary!

I know that some of City Center's prices are better than Alghanim's, but I don't know if City Center offers the extended (usually 3 yrs) warranty that Alghanim does.

Hence why pretty much all that I own has come from Alghanim, in terms of appliances and electronics...

sports handicapping services said...

hello now indispensable microwave but we have to use carefully