Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Homesick - 4th of July - USA




I woke up feeling soooooooooo homesick today that I am physically ill. Today is the US Independance Day or thr 4th of July. Families in the US, mine included, spend the day together at the beach or barbecuing at home. And then once the night rolls in there are huge firework displays that light up the whole sky!! Ugh! I think I will call my family today and just check in. Although, it will make me more depressed I am sure!


I cannot even remember the last time I saw fireworks?? They never have them in Kuwait. I think for every new mall opening there should be one fireworks display! We need to sign a petition! Lol!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you about being homesick....we were aching to be in Canada for the July 1st celebrations (Canada Day) too!

I was wondering about fireworks here in Kuwait. Why don't they have any, like for Eid?

If they had one for every mall opening I think they might go broke on fireworks :P Have you seen the new ads up for the Mall of Kuwait, going up near Sabahiya?

Anonymous said...

ME TOO!! Sorry you're homesick.

It really sucks. Next year, expats here need to have a big shin dig..maybe a blog blowout of sorts. =)

I've seen fireworks after the whole mess in Feb that's Liberation and National Day. That's about it.

I've not seen fireworks 4th of July fireworks for 3 years. =(

slartybartfarst said...

Well, I don't know how long you've been here, but in my 17 years, I have seen many fireworks displays, some truly spectacular. And I do mean spectacular. The biggest was up near Souk Shark. I live in Salmiya and sometimes I see displays down on the beach from my flat. Coincidentally, this evening, only 30 mins ago, there was a flash and a burst of light in the sky over the AUK. Only one unfortunately. Hope you see one soon! Oh and belated happy Independence Day.

Carly said...

It's funny, nothing beats being w/ family and friends for celebrations, but I have heard so many people this year saying they didn't feel very patriotic or like celebrating. :/