Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Lazy Days of Summer!

I can't believe it has been so long since I blogged! Time really does fly. I cannot believe that summer vacation is HALF over. That is just so wrong. There are even "Back to School" signs in some of the shops on Salem Mubarak Street. Oh the horror!!!!!!
I have gotten nothing accomplished this summer in terms of creating fun stuff with my kids or even starting on their summer homework. Just being in the AC all day takes away every ounce of energy I have. But starting today, I really am going to be proactive in getting some things done with my kiddies.

I really want to take them shelling for oysters. But I have no idea if the pearl season has even started in Kuwait yet. And when is the best time of day to go? I have often seen people with flashlights coming the beaches when the tide is low at night. I can't imagine doing that with little kids. But I think it would be a really great hands-on learning opportunity. And they would FREAK if they found a pearl! I am going to have to explore this idea further!

No comments: