Thursday, June 14, 2007

I'm Finally Back..........

Well the mystery of the power shortages in my area was finally solved. Turns out a crew has been working on the power lines all week. So, they have been turning the electric off for the whole block for several hours a day each week. I just cannot imagine why they would choose the scalding hot summer months to make repairs? Couldn't they have repaired the lines during the freezing winter months or were they too busy drinking tea??
I am majorly peeved. As a result of the power shortages I am behind on several deadlines and have shelled out a lot of cash eating out in local places. Ugh!
I cannot even believe planned power shortages are to commence on Saturday. This is ridiculous!
I think whomever is wasting power should definitely face cuts. But those of us who try to conserve power as a way of life should not face cuts.

Personally, I leave the lights off all day long. I will light a couple of small candles in the living room as the sun starts to fade. I will even cook in the kitchen by the light of the window without even bothering to turn on the switch. And although I have 3 window AC's I never turn on all 3 at once. Typically, the one in my living room is on almost all day because that's where the kids spend the bulk of their day. But when they decide to play in their room I turn off the one in the living room and let them use the one in their room. My whole day consists of making sure the lights are off and moving from AC to AC.........Ugh!
On the bright side, all the sweating is good for weight loss! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehe i like the last part all the sweating is good for weight loss :) hope this electricity problem gets sorted soon!!