Friday, May 18, 2007

All Tanked Up!!

Well, we are in the home stretch now. Exams start tomorrow and this is going to be one long week! It has actually been a very long two weeks already since we started studying. I have drank so much Pepsi that it is not even funny! I think I am developing a 'Pepsi Belly'.

So many people in Kuwait have diabetes and I am a believer that it is because so many people drink Pepsi here. They drink it like it is water. Normally, I only drink it on the weekends. The rest of the time we drink either Tang or Kool-Aid. But the past couple of weeks I have been craving Pepsi. And as a result I have felt a total change in myself. I feel so tired and bloated. No energy at all. And I can actually feel pain in my kidneys. Ugh! So, I am going to go cold turkey with the Pepsi as of today! But I have sooooooooooooo many leftover Pepsi cans! What to do with them??

In my home state of Connecticut they have machines at the grocery store for recycling cans and bottles. Each can is worth a dime. You can make a nice wad of cash recycling cans. Too bad they don't have that service in Kuwait...land of "No recycling ..let the Earth rot!"

Ugh!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so right. I used to be one of those people who drink Pepsi like water but with some effort managed to bring that level way down.