Thursday, May 31, 2007

My Alma Mater - Waynesburg College

I am in a sentimental mood today. I had a dream about my college last night. Actually, it is a recurring dream where I go to check the mail and I cannot remember the combination. So, I start freaking out because I know there has to be a lot of mail in the box since I graduated in 1995. And the dream always ends with me searching for a way to open the box. Hmmmmmmm....I should have this dream interpreted...maybe I will find out something about myself I never KNEW! Lol!

Anyway, my Alma Mater is Waynesburg College in Wayensburg, PA. The 4-years I spent there were the BEST in my life. It was the first time I was completely on my own. And it is the place where I first began thinking about religion, etc. I use to visit a different church almost every Sunday. I was born Catholic but I did not agree with many of the concepts. After exploring several denominations (Lutheran, Baptist, Presbyterian, Pentacostal (sp?) ) I discovered that it was not Catholicism I was disillusioned with but rather Christianity as a whole. And so began my journey to Islam.
I remember when I started having questions about Islam I asked a local priest a few things. Not only did he not answer my question but he looked like he was ready to slap me! Ugh!
I think everyone has the right to worship as they see fit. My whole family is Christian and I have never nor would I ever judge their beliefs. But I routinely am told ,by various family members, that my children and I are doomed to hello, etc for being Muslim. It makes me angry but of course the images of extermists on TV has gone a long way in forming their opinions.
Yikes..........I was just blogging about my college...hmmmm...got a little off course...

Anyway, to see more of my college:

www.waynesburg.edu

1 comment:

contactos en valencia said...

It won't work in actual fact, that's exactly what I suppose.