Thursday, May 31, 2007

I am starving!!



I am starving!! I already raided my kitchen and the cupboards are BARE! I only found some Al-Marai milk that expires TODAY and a couple of shortbread cookies..Ugh! I would give my right-arm if there was a Denny's in this country! Denny's is my all-time favorite place to eat in the USA and they serve breaskfast ALL day!! We visited the USA in 2002 and I ate Denny's every chance I got! Ahhhhh...the good ol' days!

Breakfast in Kuwait SUCKS! I remember the very first breakfast I ate on my very first morning here in Kuwait back in 1996. My husband woke up and said he was going to run out a nd buy breakfast for me. I was starving and could not wait. I had visions of buttery pancakes and omlettes w/ hash browns in my head! Not so, he came home with BEANS! Oh my gosh...who in the heck eats beans for breakfast?? Where was the dripping butter and sugary syrup? He brought beans and oily bread (chapati).

Anyway, I have grown accustom to beans & bread for breakfast BUT I much prefer Denny's and pray someone opens one here SOON!!

Oh and I have tried breakfast at McDonald's and it is good...but who can get up and out the door before 11am?????????Not me, unless I have a doctor's appointment!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol beans for breakfast reminds me when i was in london :)

3baid said...

You could order?

Anonymous said...

well normal ppl eat breakfast in the morning u know :D