Tuesday, May 1, 2007

O is for Omentum!!

I actually first learned about the Omentum from Dr. Oz on Oprah. A healthy omentum just sits there but one in an obese person swells up and is bascially that big ball of jiggly fat on the lower abdomen!!
I was walking on my treadmill last night (3rd day in a row!!) and started thinking about the omentum for some reason..ok maybe because I have a couple jiggles in my lower abs too!

I just never seem to have time to exercise. Last summer I lost 15 kilos and put every one back on. Why? Dealing with work and family is why. Most mothers (some Dads too!) put themselves last and just let themselves go. That's what I did. But no more!! I walked for a full 30 minutes despite the chaotic scene around me. Let's see:

My two girls were fighting over a pencil. The youngest crunched her potato chips all over the floor. Then she took a strawberry swiss cake roll and squashed it all over the floor. She then threw the mashed bits at my son who was trying to study. She is only 2 years old mind you so its hard to get her to behave!! I got on and off the treadmill like 5 times. I finally grabbed a pen and wrote the times on my hand.....12minutes...5 minutes...7 minutes.....6 minutes....finally 30 minutes complete!

Ugh..........I hope exercising is not this difficult every day!

No comments: