Thursday, May 17, 2007

Some Scary Fog Last Night!

Well, it was not really fog but rather dust in the air. But that is the worst I had ever seen it get in Kuwait. We went to the Gulf Road Burger King at aroung 10 pm for dinner last night. We got in our car to come home at exactly 12:30am. And as we progressed home the dusty fog just rolled in. It was soooo eerrie! It reminded me of John Carpenter's movie "The Fog" where all these evil spirits and the living dead attack a town for the night!! My brother use to terrify me all the time when we were kids. Anytime it would get foggy he would remind me that there were probably the living dead sitting out on our porch!

So, that is all I could think about last night. It was really scary on the highway. We could not even see the road signs and the street lights turned the fog into this freaky orange!!

The sandstorms are a huge negative about Kuwait. They are smelly and the sand seeps in through every crack and crevice. However, I did read in the local paper where a doctor in Kuwait said that the dusty conditions we are experiencing are a blessing in disguise because the sand and heat will kill any remaining bird flu.

So, the fog/dust remains today. I ended up covering my balcony door with a big bed sheet and stuffed the space under the door with wet rags last night and thankfully that has kept a lot of the sand out.

No comments: