Thursday, May 31, 2007

Calorie Counting Counts!!


I just got off my treadmill and I feel SICK! I walked for 30 minutes and rode my stationary bike for about 10 minutes. This is the first time I have exercised in about 3 weeks even though I previously blogged I was going to exercise every day! What can I say, life always intervenes. But today I decided to buckle down and really exercise...so from 5pm until 6pm I WILL be exercising...everyday....no matter what!
Now, I did not say I would be dieting because I cannot starve myself, but I think counting calories go a long way in anyone's fitness regimen. Take lunch for example, we ordered Burger King...so let's see what my total calorie count for today's lunch was:
Whopper: 670 calories
Lg fries: 450 calories
Lg. Coca-Cola: 255 calories
-------------------------------
Total: 1375 calories
Yikes! That is a LOT for one meal!! I am only supposed to eat 1700 calories per day according to a fitness website based on my height/weight if I want to lose weight!
No one counts calories in Kuwait, but they should. Heart disease is the leading cause of death for women and diabetes is so rampant here.
I remember seeing Dr. Oz on Oprah once and he said that you can still eat fast food but everything has to do with portion. He said that the size of a kid's happy meal is the exact size that an adult should be eating. Not the gargantuan burgers that they have on the adult menu.
So from now on I will be ordering from the kids menu whether it is McDonald's or where ever and limiting fast food to only Thursday or Friday.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

whoaaaaaaa!! u don't have to order from the kids meal, but u shouldn't order a large size one either! Junior Whopper, with regular fries. u don't need the coke, just drink water instead. coke is sooo bad for u anyway!

eshda3wa said...

do urself a favour and cut out junk food all together
and definitly cut pepsi out
ull lose weight even if u dont excersize

ask me 3 years ago i totally cut out junk and any sort of soft drink, never excersized n i lost weight

Anonymous said...

eshda3wa, gr8, i wish i could be the same too, i am on fast food every day and some times twice a day :( got a small karsha:p looks like i am pregnant for 3 months :P

Anonymous said...

just a note, the time i posted this post its 11:3o pm so i dunno how its appearing as 1st June :P

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tips!! For me fast food IS mom's home-cooking. My mother never, ever, ever cooked. I don't know how we survived (My 2 bros and 1 sis). We ate mostly stuff that couldbe boiled like pasta. And microwaved ready-made meals...Ugh! So, when I get homesick, etc, I turn right to the fast food joints! But I am doing better.

Now I only eat on Thursday/Friday!

Oh and the Whopper Jr. is a great idea!! But for McDonald's I think it is just 1 happy meal...that's the restaurant Dr. Oz was specific about because ALL Americans are crazay over McDonald's!

Oh and about the time...yeah it is seriouly screwed up. I set the blog on the appropriate time....any ideas how I can fix it???

Anonymous said...

i wish i could help in fixing the time, i myself cant figure how to make my own blog :) i need help on that so any tips are welcome ....

Anonymous said...

good one! i just added even more new emo backgrounds to my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info

Anonymous said...

View Related articles in connection with Can I Lose Weight Without Exercise. Some anorexics who died suddenly did show abnormalities in ECG recordings days ahead of death phen375 other research suggests it may " cure " skin cancer as well. Cautions About Fasting To Lose Weight - Here are some cautions about fasting to lose weight - Fasting to slim down may be hazardous for a health should you be not already leading a healthy lifestyle. The short stories shouldn't have a large amount of details http://www.phen375factsheet.com but i just discovered that with my height about 5 feet 3 inch 161 cm i should weigh about 123. It is additionally possible to acquire input from strangers by reading reviews posted online [url=http://www.phen375factsheet.com]phen375[/url] fasting is not a task which should embark on indefinitely.