Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sick at 'The Avenues"


This was the last Friday we can go out for a couple of weeks. My kids have exams starting next week. So, we finally went to 'The Avenues'. I have to say it is really spectacular. The range of stores and the grandeur of it allows you to shop in peace without feeling crammed up against other shoppers. However, if you are scared of heights like me then The Avenues may not be the right place for you!
I made the mistake of looking up at the high and very reflective ceiling. From that point on I became so dizzy. Plus, trying to chase after my toddler who was trying to touch the "water walls" littered around the place made it so much worse.
I could not get out of there fast enough. Although, I will go again but I will steady my nerves first!
We sought refuge at IKEA which is another awesome place! The food at the retaurant is delicious. We ordered just about everything that they had...spaghettig, meatballs & fries, chinese noodles, chinese beef and rice, and a big slice of apple pie! Yum!
After that we swung by Dunkin Donuts and grabbed a dozen donuts and then took the kids over to the grassy areas beside 'Hard Rock'. The 2 oldest rode around on their scooter bikes whihc we always keep in the back of our SUV. And the little one kept searching out babies her age to follow. It was fun. There was a nice breeze and we all munched on the donuts!

No comments: