Wednesday, May 16, 2007


I am seriously waiting for the men in the little white coats to come and take me away! Ugh! My kids have exams starting on Saturday. My son is a lot more responsible than he use to be. So, he can cram a lot of knowledge in a short space of time. However, my little girl is only 6 and she learns at a slower pace. She is an excellent student but mixes letters up, etc. so I am majorly worried about how she will do.
There is such a major stigma attached to kids who do not do well on their exams here in Kuwait. I have a sister-in-law who calls to barg all the time because her son got the 3rd of 4th position in the class. My son always brings home an A but that is not good enough in Kuwait. Although it is good enough for me.
In the USA, an A student is considered to be exceptional but in Kuwait they are considered to be 'average'. The head teacher actually told me that my son is average even though he is an A student!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway, I am off to school in about 10 minutes. I need to talk to my daughter's teacher. She cannot read all the questions so I want to make sure the teacher will help her read any questions that she cannot. Ugh! Like, a teacher should know that right?? But you cannot exactly call the teachers at my kid's schools 'teachers'...they are glorified housewives with minimal English language skills!!!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Hey again :) I hope you can get your kids out of that school next year! Is your blog on Kuwait blogs?

Sumi-Kuwait said...

Hi Carly,

I hope so too! I hate their school! lol

I did register at Kuwait Blogs about a month ago. But I have heard from others that they are processing requests as fast as they can. I heard someone say that they have been waiting for 4 months!!

Si, I hope they add me soon!!

Unknown said...

Hello :)

What school is that? My son is gonna be two in August (Insha Allah) and I have already started worrying about which school I am gonna be sending him to? Any help? Ideas?