Saturday, May 19, 2007

It's a Jell-O Morning!!!



I barely slept a wink last night. I was up worrying about the exams my kids are taking right this moment! I really hope they do well. I woke both my son and daughter up about 2 hours before school to prepare.

I tried going back to sleep but could not and since I plan to restart my diet/exercise plan I decided to make some low-fat snacks to get me through the early evening hours when I usually snack on milky tea and cake! Enter Jell-O. Every diet plan I have ever seen endorses Jell-O as a lowfat high protein snack. I could not stomach it for years because the gelatine it contains is made out of boiled animal blood and bones! Don't believe me?? Look up 'gelatine' in the dictionary and you will see what I mean!

Anyway, I have no choice. I am determined to shed the weight I have gained since I came to Kuwait and I am determined to be down to my ideal size by the end of summer.

I whipped up two-layered Jell-O bowls this morning. I made the first layer which is cherry and cooled it for a couple hours. Then I made mango flavor and poured it on top!

And the brand I used is actually Royal not Jell-O because Royal is halal or permissale for Muslims in that it does not contain pork products.

Yum...my whole apartment smells like mangoes!!

No comments: